The following circulation policy has been adopted by the Scott County Public Library Board of Trustees. Any additions or deletions must be approved by the Library Board.
Loan periods will be as follow:
- Books: 21 days
- New releases: 21 days
- Interlibrary loan special loan based on lending library requirements
- Videos/dvds: 7 days
- Audio books (CDs, cassettes, Playaways): 21 days
- Magazines: 21 days
- Equipment: 2 days
- Kits: 21 days
- CDs: 21 days
Reference works must be used in the library during library hours and may be loaned overnight at the discretion of the director.
The following limits apply to circulating items:
- Books: 25
- New releases: 8
- Interlibrary loan: 3
- Videos/dvds: 4
- Audio books (CDs, cassettes, Playaways): 10
- Magazines: no limit
- Equipment: 4
- Kits: 2
- CDs: 10
You must be 18 years of age to borrow videos, dvds, and/or a-v equipment.
Children 18 or under may check out non-fiction DVDs and juvenile DVDs (pink label).
Most items can be renewed twice giving patron 9 weeks. Items that have been requested by another patron cannot be renewed.
The following fine rates will be charged for overdue items:
- Overdue books: 5 cents per day per book
- New release books: 25 cents per day per book
- Interlibrary loan materials: $1.00 per day per item
- Dvds: 25 cents per day per dvd
- Audio books (CDs cassettes, Playaways): 5 cents per day per item
- Magazines: 5 cents per day per book
- Equipment: $2.00 per day per item
- Kits: 25 cents per day per kit
- Cds: 25 cents per day per cd
Maximum charge per item will be $5.00.Overdues:
- Notices of overdue materials or books shall be sent, by phone or letter after 2 weeks past date due. If item is not returned after 4 weeks a final notice with cost of item will be sent.
- Lost Items: Replacement cost of the item will be charged to the patron for all lost items.
Policies will be reviewed annually or on as needed bases, and revised as necessary by the library board upon recommendation from the director.
Policies may be approved and adopted at any regularly scheduled library board meeting.