Scott County Public Library Interlibrary Loan Form
The library will interlibrary loan material from other libraries according to the following guidelines:
- Loan period of all interlibrary loan materials is determined by the lending library
- Patron submitting request for interlibrary loan must have an account in good standing with SCPL and be at least 18 years old
- A patron may not have more than three (3) requests ‘on order’ at a time
- $1.00 per day per item for overdue interlibrary loan books
- Patrons will be responsible for any lost or damaged interlibrary loan items
- Items which will not be borrowed: genealogical materials, titles which SCPL has on order to purchase, reference materials, any audio/visual materials, easily obtainable mass-market paperback books, current year fiction or any book published in the last six months
Warning Concerning Copyright Restrictions
The copyright law of the United States (title 17, United States Code) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted materials.
Under certain conditions specified in the law, libraries and archives are authorized to furnish a photocopy or other reproduction. One of these specified conditions is that a photocopy or reproduction is not used for any purpose other than private study, scholarship or research. If a user makes a request in excess of ‘fair use’ that user may be liable for copyright infringement.
This institution reserves the right to refuse to accept a copying order if, in its judgment, fulfillment of the order would involve violation of copyright law.
By filling out the below form and submitting my Interlibrary Loan Request, I state that I understand the Copyright Warning and I agree to the Interlibrary Loan Policy.