As a public service and as part of the library’s effort to support the goal of lifelong learning, the Scott County Public Library provides free exam proctoring subject to availability of personnel, facility and technology.
- The student must let the library know about any required computer software applications when scheduling a session. The library will be unable to offer proctoring if it cannot accommodate such software or applications. The library cannot guarantee the speed of its Internet connection or that the Internet connection will not be interrupted during the exam. The student is responsible for ensuring that library computers meet test taking requirements. Students may bring their own laptops and connect to the library’s wireless network only if allowed by the testing institution. Library staff will not advise or assist in configuring personal laptops or software.
- Proctored sessions are scheduled for Monday through Friday for a maximum of two (2) hours per day. Subject to library staff scheduling needs, the library will do its best on a case-by-case basis to accommodate requests for more than two (2) hours. The library does not schedule evening or weekend sessions.
- The student must make all arrangements with the institution for delivery of the exam and/or passwords needed for online access and should confirm that “public library staff” meets the institution’s criteria for proctoring. The student is responsible for ensuring that the necessary examination materials and information have been received by the proctor prior to the scheduled exam.
- The library will follow the testing requirements of the institution. Items not specifically allowed by these requirements, such as, notes, textbooks, personal laptops, etc., will be assumed not to be allowed. All students must present a current photo ID. The name on the ID must match the name on the testing materials. The ID will be photocopied. For written exams, one ID copy will be sent with the student’s answer sheets to the testing institution.
- The student or testing institution must supply any needed test items, such as, #2 pencils, scrap paper, and calculators. A student may not have cell phones or similar devices while taking exams.
- Completed written examinations will be returned to the testing institution using envelopes or packaging provided by the student or institution. Postage or delivery fees are the responsibility of the student and must be prepaid. If the institution accepts faxed answer sheets the library will fax them at no charge only if a toll-free fax number is provided. Copies of completed written exams will be kept on file by the library for 30 days. Written examinations not completed by the student within 30 days of receipt by the library will not be retained.
- Proctoring requests need to be submitted to the library with seven business days notice.
- The library reserves the right to cancel or change the date of any proctored exam due to inclement weather, computer malfunctions, etc.
- The proctor will not sign a proctoring statement that attests to more than he is able to do. The proctor will not enter his personal information, such as, Social Security number, driver’s license, home phone number, home address, etc., on the proctoring materials.
Below are nearby libraries and schools that also provide proctoring services. Scott County Public Library offers these alternative venues for those times when we are unable to accommodate a particular proctoring request.
Lexington Public Library: 859-231-5500;
Bluegrass Community & Technical College: 859-246-6603
Woodford County Library: 859-873-5191
Paul Sawyier Library (Frankfort): 502-352-2665 ext. 107
Paris-Bourbon County Library: 859-987-4419 ext. 101
Grant County Library: 859-824-2083
Kenton County Library: 859-962-4030
Madison County Library: 859-623-6704
Boyle County Library: 859-238-7323
Request a Proctoring Session
Please fill out the form below
By clicking submit below, you agree to the Exam Proctoring Requirements and Exam Proctoring General Limitations.
For questions about proctoring, please contact Mike Key